- Production and Procurement Technician
Production and Procurement Technician
Our client is growing and their team is centered around identifying individual strengths, constant learning, development of skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment. These employees often find themselves outside their technical comfort zone where they learn new and valuable skills. The team aims to reduce barriers to progress, to maximize innovation, efficiency, and quality of work.
Our client is seeking a Production and Procurement Technician with relevant experience to become a member of the dynamic Unique Ability Team. The ideal candidate has a solid mechanical aptitude, loves a technical challenge, is self-motivated yet thrives in a team environment.
The Production and Procurement Technician will assist the Production Manager. You will not only help build products but will also be involved in the coordination, procurement, assembly, and testing of these products. As well as Repairing of damaged products, including cleaning and disassembly. Root cause analysis is also required of the role, as is maintaining quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC). Products are short run and ability to adapt and learn on the job is essential to success.
- Interpret electrical schematics, and mechanical CAD drawings (SolidWorks) to initiate and lead procurement for production runs.
- Vendor sourcing and coordinate, as well as generating RFQs with vendor(s) based on timelines, quality, and cost.
- Generate POs receive and check parts, ensure quality to meets specifications.
- Review BOM accuracy
- Develop and generate production plan to meet yearly asset deliverables
- Analyze current production processes and provide input on new/improvement strategies
- Assist in preparation for parts including disassembly, material prep, and production kit building.
- Collect components and hardware according to BOM; build sub-assemblies, check function and quality to specification.
- Assemble mechanical, electrical and electronic components from new builds
- Complete first article builds, make adjustments to have smooth production. Initiate root cause analysis as needed.
- Repair damaged products providing a solid containment strategy. Follow up with RCA and permanent change to eliminate failures.
- Perform general mechanical and electrical tasks as required.
- Contribute to keeping the Mechanical production areas clean, organized, maintained, and stocked.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong mechanical and electronics assembly skills
- Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience
- Able to perform hand assembly of custom fabrications consistently and efficiently.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office suite
- Vendor management, selection, and execution
- RFQ and BOM management of multiple projects at the same time
- Project planning experience to keep production plans up-to-date, deliverables delivered on schedule, and issues noted to minimize risk of delivery.
- Able to read mechanical and assembly drawings (CAD drawings)
- Well organized and able to manage time to work independently in a task ownership culture. Able to prioritize plan to deliver project on-time.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Be a team player and adaptable, MUST be able to learn quickly.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in the pipeline inspection industry
- Electrical manufacturing knowledge
- Proficient with hand tools
- College diploma or degree in a technical or technology-related field, and/or supply chain management
We are proud to offer our Employees:
- Competitive wages and a bonus system based on company performance.
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement.
- On-site gym with shower facilities
- Health & wellness program with broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid time off.
Poly and our clients are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law