- Senior Web Application Architect - Azure
Senior Application Architect DevOps
Life is short. Work is long, work somewhere great.
Become part of an innovative Cloud transformation at a prominent Financial Institution with assets approaching $10 billion. This is a chance to work in an entrepreneurial setting where you will be creating solutions from the ground up and have a genuine impact on the organization's achievements.
As a Senior Application Architect reporting to the Lead of Technology, you will use your expertise in software architecture and design, distributed application architecture and design, and distributed architecture frameworks for the company using Azure. This position will make you the go-to leader for web application solutions for a well-established and rapidly expanding Canadian financial services company.
ON A GIVEN DAY, YOU WILL:
- Engage Cloud Ops teams to advance Azure services
- Provide solutions for application migrations from on-prem to Azure Cloud
- Articulate thoughtful recommendations around cost optimization and security of cloud workloads
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to teams during development and implementation phases
- Deliver high-impact proof of concept demos to evaluate alternative architectures
- Provide technical guidance to application development of vendor partners
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and senior management, supplying key input for architecture design decisions, work estimation, and resource planning
- Provide advanced consulting and guidance at the most complex level of application architecture
- Create high-quality frameworks and patterns used by developers to create solutions in a systematic, controlled, and efficient manner
YOUR SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Progressive software engineering, design, and architecture experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Azure Platform services
- Strong knowledge of Azure infra services (Compute, storage, networking)
- Demonstrated Fintech domain experience
- Azure Solution Architect certified
- Experience with agile and distributed environment
- Test-driven development experience
- Led a design development project
- APM suite experience
- Expertise in discovering customer, business, and technical requirements
- Regarded as thought leader in domains of expertise and keeps up with industry and technology trends
- Proven implementation experience with REST architecture style, DevOps automation, Big Data ecosystems.
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process
- Click to Apply