- Embedded Systems Developer
- Toronto, Hybrid Work
- M1R 2T6
Embedded Systems Developer
Our client is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. Theyve developed their own high-tech equipment and software, and its used to execute projects worldwide. Supporting the energy industry and ensuring the use of natural resources efficiently, safely, and responsibly, our client gets the job done, and contributes to a safer and more sustainable world.
Growth has led to a need for amazing people who have the right stuff, to join our clients Unique Ability Teams. These engineering teams are centred around identifying individual strengths, constant learning, developing skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment. Employees often find themselves outside their technical comfort zones, as this is often where they learn new and valuable skills, maximizing innovation, efficiency, and delivering high-quality work.
We are looking for a highly talented, knowledgeable, and motivated Embedded Engineer with relevant experience to become a member of our clients dynamic Unique Ability Team.
The ideal candidate possesses a solid foundation in computer engineering fundamentals, a creative mindset and takes a logical and analytical approach to problem-solving. This role will work on state-of-the-art robotic platforms, improve existing designs, and introduce new ideas for control systems, navigation, and autonomous driving.
If you are willing to grow in a multidisciplinary engineering environment, this is the position for you!
- Assist senior engineers with embedded system design
- Develop hardware and embedded software control concepts
- Design and implement robotics hardware and embedded software
- Perform FMEA of electromechanical systems
- Write documentation and test procedures
- Participate in field-testing and on-site debugging of embedded hardware/software
- Experience with embedded programming in C and C++
- Experience with embedded processor driver coding and debugging of 32-bit microprocessor systems
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of CAN, Ethernet, RS232, RS485, SPI, I2C communication protocols
- Hands-on experience debugging embedded processor systems using equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, and DMMs
- Strong troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software
- Initiative and an ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Desire and drive to thrive in a cross-disciplinary team-based environment.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Nice to Have:
- Robotics and motion control experience
- Experience with threads and sockets under Linux
- Knowledge of NDT of pipelines
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex development is considered a major asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience with QT and databases
- MATLAB. Octave.
- Experience with FPGA design and implementation
- PCB design experience using Altium
- Design experience with tools for generating electrical schematics, layout, and bills of materials
- Competitive wages and a bonus system based on company performance
- An engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- On-site gym with shower facilities
- Health & wellness program with broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid time off
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process