- Desktop Software Developer (.Net Developer)
- Toronto, hybrid
- M1R 2T6
Desktop Software Developer
Our client is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. Theyve developed their own high-tech equipment and software, and its used to execute projects worldwide. Supporting the energy industry and ensuring use of natural resources efficiently, safely, and responsibly, our client gets the job done, and contributes to a safer and more sustainable world.
Growth has led to a need for amazing people who have the right stuff, to join our clients Unique Ability Teams. These engineering teams are centered around identifying individual strengths, constant learning and development of skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment. Employees often find themselves outside their technical comfort zones, as this is often where they learn new and valuable skills, maximizing innovation, efficiency, and delivering high quality work.
We are looking for a highly talented, knowledgeable, and motivated Software Developer with relevant experience to become a member of this dynamic Unique Ability Team.
You will be taking a role in all phases of database system development, from requirements gathering through design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the client and server components.
The ideal candidate has a solid foundation in engineering fundamentals, loves a technical challenge, has a creative mindset, and takes a logical and analytical approach to problem solving. Work here is rarely mundane. Employ theoretical and empirical methods to find solutions, and you will have the opportunity to see ideas come to life through the full development cycle from concept all the way to commissioning. If you are a hard-working, self-motivated individual who will thrive in this type of environment, we want to hear from you.
- Design and implement front-end (user interface), back-end components, and the interfaces between them according to specifications from internal clients.
- Develop data models and UI mock-ups
- Work with end users to collect feedback and perform user acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot and maintain (upgrade, recovery, data migration, etc.) existing software
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Understand our business needs (manufacturing, sales, accounting, operations, logistics, engineering, etc.) and make suggestions for process improvements where appropriate
- Document work to ensure proper understanding of software functionality and design intent
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Application development in .NET (C#)
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design experience
- Data modelling with relational and object databases (MySQL, ORM)
- Reporting and data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Take initiative and manage multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Open minded and willing to learn
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Experience designing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience developing Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary job environment
- Competitive wages and a bonus system based on company performance
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- On-site gym with shower facilities
- Health & wellness program with broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid time off
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process