- Technical Support Analyst
- Toronto, Hybrid
The Role: Technical Support Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON
Industry: Professional Services
Type: Permanent/Contract or Contract to Perm
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Technical Support Analyst is focused on providing various levels of technical support for various end users across North America. You will receive requests via telephone, email or in person (when occasionally in the office). The position is responsible for prompt and knowledgeable response to requests for support arising from day to day use of business applications and technologies.
You excel in the areas of customer service, software, hardware, mobile and network support, working in a fast-paced, service oriented, professional business environment. You are also capable of assessing/triaging requests in order to escalate to a next level support group if necessary and following up with all parties to ensure incident closure and resolution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Provide excellent client service to end-users (internal employees) for all business technical queries, questions, issues reported
- Record and manage all support requests in the incident management/tracking system
- Responsible for configuring and deploying hardware, managing assets, maintaining and administering a loaner pool, etc.
- Monitor system generated service alerts and escalate when required
- Provision, change and de-provision user accounts in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Follow and contribute to the new documentation of common support procedures
- Own all incidents/requests: perform follow up with Infrastructure, Network support or external vendors to resolve incidents, monitor the status of all open incidents, manage requestor expectations, report status, assist where possible through to resolution
- Participate in necessary training
- Complete any projects as assigned, along with activities that may be assigned from time to time in the area of technical support and IT operations
- Actively seek opportunities for service improvement, recognizing the needs and expectations of the end users in the environment
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree or College Diploma in a computer related field strongly desired, equivalent work experience considered
- 2+ years’ experience in providing client (technical) support in a professional services environment
- Excellent knowledge of fundamentals of PC operating systems (O365) and hardware and experience using remote support utilities
- Strong client computing experience e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, printer, mobile device, multifunction devices, desktop phones, voicemail, etc.
- MCSE certification an asset
- ITIL Foundations certificate an asset