- Remote (Hybrid)
HYBRID –REMOTE & IN OFFICE OCCASIONALLY
(Must be willing to commute to the GTA on a Quarterly basis)
You want to do work that matters, bring best practice to the table and you love to uncover opportunities for optimization!
Our client is a technology/software company in a space that re-imagines how passengers travel in the future. As part of their growth strategy, they are looking for an innovative leader to join them as Controller. In this role you will provide guidance and expertise in day to day operations and long term strategic planning. If you are not afraid to get into the details, are highly analytical, creative, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work well with others, this could be the perfect role for you.
What you will do in a day …….Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Director of Finance, responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the month end processes, reconciliations and internal reporting to ensure accurate financial accounting
- Review and approve Accounts Payable invoices ensuring adequate controls are in place that addresses relevant risks
- Have oversight of Accounts Receivable collection and reconciliation
- Timely reporting and maintenance of US and Canadian sales tax by province/state
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to direct reports (4), ensuring continual development, performance expectations and engagement, performance reviews and goal setting, and fostering a collaborative team environment
- Complete ownership of the Balance Sheet- review GL reconciliations and workbooks for accuracy etc.
- Partner with the various stakeholders & business leaders to provide support and insights
- Facilitate Sales commissions payouts and reconciliation
- Review and produce period variance analysis reports and commentary for Senior Leadership Team
- Lead inter-company reconciliation during month end
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to improve finance processes by incorporating best practice
- Provide corporate tax support; transfer pricing, FDII reporting and state revenue allocations
- Manage and maintenance of payroll accruals
- Provide consistent, accurate, and timely financial reporting and analysis to monitor the financial performance of our business unit
- Effectively communicate and partner with upper management in many aspects of our business.
- Participate and support in internal and external audits
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Participate in other special ad hoc projects
What you bring to the table…..
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management; professional accounting designation strongly preferred (CPA, CMA, CA)
- Minimum of 5+ years accounting or finance experience, preferably in a software industry with at least 3+ years in a management position
- Strong attention to detail as well as critical thinking and analytical skills
- Prior experience at a software company with exposure to project/contract accounting would be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal skills
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office, including an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, BPC and/or OpenAir an asset
- Attention to detail, timeliness on delivering commitments, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to gather data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose solutions
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team as well as effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS) and controls
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process.