- Senior Director, SOC
- Toronto, (Remote/Hybrid)
- M8X 2X3
Senior Director, SOC
Location: Toronto, Ontario (remote/hybrid)
You want to do work that matters and make an impact. We want to make that possible.
Your success will be visible. Your success will be important to many people and you will have the chance to grow and make an impact – from day one.
You will join as part of the strategic leadership team for a well known and respected provider in the Cybersecurity Services industry. Their values are important to them – a passion for excellence, accountability, commitment and trust. Their values guide their every decision, how they deliver their services and build teams.
To join their company as the Senior Director, SOC means you share similar values and are ready to take your career to the next level. Reporting into the VP, Technical Services Delivery, your mandate is to effectively lead and manage the Security Operations Center (SOC), ensuring your team of smart and capable Service Leads and Security Analysts meet Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets, key performance metrics and all customer commitments.
You have solid work experience in a SOC or similar environment (24x7x365). You thrive on solving highly complex business problems, are a rapid learner and know how to keep your team moving forward. You’ve earned the trust of your colleagues over the years because you can be counted on to take on something from start-to-finish. You own the quality of your work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Oversee a team of Service Leads (~6) and Security Analysts (~25) fostering a culture of growth
- Acts as an escalation point for key stakeholders, including critical client escalations as needed
- Act as a key main point of contact for client escalations – ensuring smooth communication with all parties and a speedy, effective resolution
- Adhere to documented workflow/processes when dealing with clients
- Maintain required certifications as needed to adhere to contractual requirements
- Achieve an acceptable level of customer satisfaction as measured through client surveys
- Take accountability to solve issues from beginning to end, while receiving and incorporating feedback to improve personal and business performance
- Monitor and ensure SLAs and internal processes are being adhered to and implementing improvements where necessary
- Collaborate with management peers on process improvement
- Review and approve managed services contract and SOW requests
- Assist with answering managed services RFPs as needed and provide support for the sales team
- Reviewing and approving net new services from the SOC
- Maintain and manage the SOC budget
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Substantial management experience in a SOC/NOC or similar environment (24x7x365)
- Educated in a computer-related field and/or comparable work experience/ certifications
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Reliability Status
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about providing world class customer service
- Ability to oversee complex issues involving IT security technologies
- Preferred candidate will have 5 or more years of full-time experience managing a SOC
- Industry recognized qualifications and certifications in Information Security and/or Risk Management (CISSP /CRISC) are preferred