- Senior Systems Specialist
- Remote, Toronto
- M5G 2L3
SENIOR SYSTEMS SPECIALIST, INFRASTRUCTURE
ON THE HUNT FOR EXTRAORDINARY!!
You love meeting with stakeholders to understand their challenges and solving their business problems with creative new IT solutions. You understand the importance of a communication and training strategy to ensure the user community is “sold” on the solution, ready and willing when new solutions are rolled out. You are always looking for ways to improve efficiencies in the day to day management of existing infrastructure.
What you will do in a day:
- Systems Administration and Incident Monitoring and Escalation
- Develop, plan and execute full deployments of successful pilot programs
- Identify, communicate, mitigate, and resolve technical issues proactively
- Meet with business and IT stakeholders to understand organizational needs with regards to information management and process operationalization
- Research, propose and design processes as well as technology solutions and IT needs
- Document all aspects of proposed processes and solutions
- Provide ongoing administration of deployed solutions
- Responsible for general project management
- Provide cross-functional technical training
- 24X7 Availability for emergency resolution of critical incidents
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years’ experience in a Systems Analyst or related role
- A university degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem and hands on experience with Physical/Virtual (Hyper-V, VMWare) servers, Storage solutions, Backup solutions, Active Directory management, File Server Management, Patch Management, DB Administration, IIS Administration, Windows systems upgrade and migration.
Would be nice if you had some:
- An MCSE Certification
- understanding on monitoring and log management.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects in an environment requiring co-operation, coordination, and flexibility to meet objectives
- Advanced written and oral communication skills; with attention to detail to ensure quality and accuracy in all aspects
- Strong troubleshooting skills, ability to quickly analyze, understand and synthesize complex issues or situations and to make sound and creative recommendation