- Senior Systems Administrator
- Toronto, ON
- M4T 2Y9
Senior Systems Administrator
We’re looking for a top-notch Senior Systems Administrator to join one of Canada’s most admired companies!
What you’ll do in a day:
- Meeting with the management team to assess and define the system requirements.
- Analyzing network data and infrastructure to determine inefficiencies and problems.
- Developing and maintaining network architecture and computer systems infrastructure including detailed DR planning
- Overseeing the development, installation, configuration, and administration of computer systems, public and private cloud architecture
- Managing project timelines, budgets, and documentation.
- Monitoring computer systems and networks for viruses, malfunctions, and errors.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and developing effective solutions.
- Preparing network analytics, data reports, and operational manuals.
- Training the team on new systems, protocols, and cloud computing best practices.
- Act as the escalation point for the computer operations team and support the technical support team with key problems
- Keeping abreast of the latest advancements in technology, protocols, and best practices.
Senior Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar field.
- A Master's degree may be preferred.
- Certified or working towards MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a systems engineer.
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as 2008/2012 Operating Systems
- 2-3 years of working with Public Cloud Infrastructure
- Strong network admiration and troubleshooting experience with at least 5+ years of experience resolving network issues in LAN/WAN environment
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.