- FullStack .NET Developer
- Toronto, ON
- M1R 2T6
TORONTO, ONTARIO (some remote work but preference is someone in the office)
Our client is a world leader in applied R&D and innovative engineering, particularly known for providing unique solutions to address the engineering challenges of their clients.
They are growing and looking for people who have the right stuff to join their engineering team and focus on software development for internal and external applications. They are centered around identifying individual strengths, constant learning, development of skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
The ideal candidate has a solid foundation in engineering fundamentals, loves a technical challenge, has a creative mindset, and takes a logical and analytical approach to problem solving. You will have the opportunity to see ideas come to life through the full development cycle from concept all the way to commissioning. If you are a hard-working, self-motivated individual who will thrive in this type of environment, we want to hear from you.
Seeking a .NET Developer with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and 5+ years of relevant experience. The successful candidate will take on a lead role in all phases of our development, from requirements gathering through design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the client and server components.
- Design and implement front-end (user interface), back-end components, and the interfaces between them according to specifications from internal clients
- Develop data models and UI mock-ups
- Work with end users to collect feedback and perform user acceptance testing
- Troubleshooting and maintenance (upgrade, recovery, data migration, etc) for existing software
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Understand our business needs (manufacturing, sales, accounting, operations, logistics, engineering, etc) and make suggestions for process improvements where appropriate
- Documentation of work to ensure proper understanding of software functionality and design intent
- Application development in .NET (C#)
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design experience
- Data modelling with relational and object databases (MySQL, ORM)
- Reporting and data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Take initiative and manage multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Open minded and willing to learn
- Experience with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Experience designing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience developing Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary job environment
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process.