- Technical Specialist
TORONTO, ONTARIO (Remote/ occasional travel required to various GTA locations)
Be part of something new, something big, something that matters.
Our client is an early stage pharmaceutical company with plans to become a global leader in their space.
They’re in the early stages of building their core team and, as a result, have an opening for a talented Technical Specialist to join them as they grow and expand their business globally.
Reporting directly to the VP of IT, you’ll join a team that’s experienced, committed, and fast moving. In this role, you will provide desktop support including but limited to: selection, acquisition, configuration, deployment and management of hardware and software.
You will be the go-to person for technical inquiries and purchase requests. You will also perform backups, trouble-shoot and have general oversight of all systems. The systems include Windows Server, O365, Database, security systems, building automation systems (BAS), LMS – Lighting management systems, paging and telephone systems.
Specifically, your role includes several key areas:
- Collaborate with IT Team and User Community for selection of IT hardware and software
- Assist in selecting IT equipment and software vendors
- Configure/set up desktops and laptops for deployment
- Deploy, follow up, ensure user efficiency and satisfaction
- Manage network to ensure up-time, efficiency, reliability
- Collaborate on, contribute to and maintain highest cyber security standards
- General management and oversight of specialized systems mentioned above
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in computer science or other relevant discipline
- You likely bring at least five+ years of work experience
- Microsoft Certification (Server, Office, Networking)
- Project Management training
- Scrum or similar training
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills are essential
Still here? This might be the role for you.
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process.