- Corporate Communications Director
- Mississauga, ON
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
THE CHALLENGES ARE GREAT (AS ARE THE REWARDS).
Our client, a fast growing company in the tech sector, has created a seat at the table for a remarkable Corporate Communications Director.
Our client buys, holds, and grows software companies in a wide range of industries, including Transit, Healthcare, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Risk Management, Logistics and many more. Their head office is in Mississauga, but their work spans the globe; over 30 countries.
What sets them apart is their commitment to growth over the long term. Although they are acquirers, they never sell any of the businesses they buy. Every decision, they make whether it be with customers or employees, is with a long-term view. They invest, earn trust, and build businesses and relationships that last forever.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will lead both internal and external communication strategies.
Specifically, your role includes several key components:
- Develop and manage multi-faceted global public relations programs to help build brand awareness
- Provide a leadership role in supporting and collaborating with all areas of the organization to strengthen and articulate the organization’s brand
- Ensure global consistency in brand messaging and execution in a decentralized environment
- Build and manage the internal communications strategy that includes being responsible for overall management of best practice sharing events
- Oversee the management of effective quarterly and ad hoc Board Report submissions
- Handle media inquiries and the management of communications for unexpected events
- Ensure compliance with the company’s disclosure requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 8+ years of experience in corporate communications in a public company
- Demonstrable experience in managing various brand strategies (branded house, house of brands, hybrid) in a complex, decentralized environment
- Superior relationship building skills with the ability to drive alignment among multiple stakeholders, often with differing goals
- Trusted to understand and manage sensitive communication issues and challenges
- Practical understanding of cross-cultural communication
- High tolerance for ambiguous environments
- Strategic thinking coupled with strong analytics and business acumen
- High personal integrity, service oriented, creative, innovative, self-starter
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel or work remotely in various time zones
Still here? This might be the role for you. To learn more about us visit our website at www.polytechtalent.com
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process.