- Dev Ops Specialist
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an 18-year-old SaaS developer and recognized leader of encryption solutions for a range of markets - think Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Legal. Encryption software is a fiercely competitive marketplace and we are currently looking for an intermediate DevOps Specialist to assist in developing software builds through the development to production life cycle. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing changes to automatically promote our services through development, QA, and production. This is a full time, permanent role in North York.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD)
- Support the release process including deployment of changes from development, QA, staging, and production
- Work closely with the Development and Operations teams, including coordinating with the QA team to plan for upcoming release scope and deployment activities through the software development cycle
- Define, develop, and maintain automation documentation
- Maintain awareness of latest industry trends in cloud computing
- Participate in occasional on-call support for after-hours support coverage
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- 3+ years of DevOps including design and development of CI/CD experience in an agile/iterative delivery structure
- Experience working on and supporting highly available 24x7 SaaS application and production systems
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members
- An efficient problem solver who enjoys taking ownership, showing initiative and seeing problems through to resolution
- Hands-on experience with the following sets of tools:
- Linux, Tomcat
- Ansible, Git, Spacewalk
- Shell scripting, Python, YAML
- ELK Stack, New Relic
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you to all candidates. Only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.