- General Manager
- M3J 3J9
The Role: General Manager
Industry: Manufacturing (cosmetic)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Our client is a successful Canadian contract manufacturer that has been in business for 50+ years. They are currently looking for a General Manager to oversee their Canadian Operations.
You are someone who has experience delivering top and bottom-line growth, continuous process improvement initiatives, a strategist with a strong background in operations, business development and leading teams. Ideally, you have a Science/Engineering background and have experience working with FDA/Health Canada or a similar regulatory body.
Your next step is General Manager or, perhaps you are at the top of your current organization and looking to take on a new challenge. Does this sound like you? If so, read on.
- Provide overall strategic direction and leadership to the entire organization
- Lead and participate in daily production meetings and ongoing meetings with the executive team.
- Push for continuous improvements across all direct and supporting businesses and functions
- Develop & drive a high performing team through effective use of coaching, open feedback & Performance Management process
- Identify, develop & foster strategic relationships that complement the activities of the company and add value to the overall business.
- Development of strategic plans and projects to achieve long term business and sector targets including branding, positioning, customer management.
- Align and execute operational plans to strategic plans
- Develop meaningful key performance indicators (KPIs) and other metrics by which to better monitor, manage and improve operations
- Work closely with the sales team on demand planning/forecasting processes
- Assess and evaluate all current production processes, make recommendations and execute ongoing changes that improve efficiencies and cost effectiveness
- Cultivate a continuous improvement or related lean manufacturing culture across the organization
- Develop strong internal & external relationships with a focus on continuous improvement, innovative outcomes & business performance
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field such as Science or Engineering and/or MBA is preferred
- 10 years’+ senior business and operations leadership experience within a manufacturing environment; experience in consumer goods or cosmetics would be an asset
- Proven management skills to guide the organization and motivate employees to maximize their potential
- Autonomous, self-initiated leader with solid decision making and problem-solving skills
- Personal track record of achievement, drive for results, & sustained performance
- Experience working with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment like with Health Canada
- Proven track record of strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel will be involved in this role mainly in North America
Thank you to all applicants but only those selected or an interview will be contacted. We provide accommodation through all parts of the recruitment process, please contact us directly if you require an accommodation.