- Client Solution Architect
Client Solution Architect, Toronto
Ready for an industry-changing journey? Is this you?
Your success will be visible. Your success will be critical to many people and, you will have the chance to grow and make an impact – from day one.
Our client, headquartered in Switzerland, delivers software and services that help companies move mainframe applications and data to modern systems.
The team is smart, inventive and are experts in their field. Customer success is fueling their growth, and as a result, they have a rare opening for a Client Solution Architect to join their team! This a full-time work-from-home, Toronto based position with some travel to various clients in North America. Also, visits to HQ in Switzerland and UK.
You have solid experience working with customers designing and implementing large scale mainframe migration solutions. Your background includes Linux, cloud technologies and full-project lifecycle experience. You have client-facing experience and get that your technical knowledge matters but, it’s really your communication skills that set you apart from other consultants. You communicate visually, showing not telling where possible, checking in often to ensure that things are always moving in the right direction.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN A DAY:
- Provide project governance over mainframe software services and migration projects. Interacting and collaborating with clients and team members to define accountabilities, communicate the status of work items and discuss barriers to delivery of work
- Lead the Solution Architecture team – aiding in the governance and review of all solution architecture documentation, providing mentorship to other Solution Architects
- Formulate solutions for projects, including design, development, testing, and implementation
- Create and manage various architectural artifacts, such as solution documentation, software artifact designs, technical training materials and architecture best practices
- Oversee technical team members and project governance for initiatives throughout client implementations. Working closely with Technical Managers, teams of developers and analysts along with onshore and offshore testing teams
- Lead the Solution Architecture team – aiding in the governance and review of all solution architecture documentation, providing mentorship to other Solution Architects.
- Ensure team follow best practices and that there is a consistent, high-quality design for clients
- Participate in pre-sales engagements acting as the senior technical client services representative aiding the sales team
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Experience (likely 10+ years) in full project lifecycle covering large scale mainframe systems with strong Linux knowledge in a consulting environment.
- Solid consulting experience; implementing mainframe software and data conversion activities (required) which includes strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Understanding of design techniques for achieving a high-quality solution architecture
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team structure
- Ability to make judgments on architectural trade-offs between competing requirements
- Thorough understanding of mainframe enterprise software architecture, internet technologies, IT systems, and infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented software principles
- Experience designing and developing high-performance applications
- Experience working the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Expertise in estimating, planning, and managing solution architecture of projects
- Strong understanding of project management principles and processes
NEXT STEPS & WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
The first step is to email your resume or Linkedin profile to us directly or apply here!
Next, we’ll set up a conversation with you via any tool that works best for you: for example, via phone, Skype, or Google Hangout. We want to learn more about you, your work, interests and career goals. We will share more information about this role and answer all your questions.
Still here? This might be the role for you.