- Portfolio Architect
- Financial Services
OUR CLIENT IS AN AMAZING ORGANIZATION TO WORK FOR.
WHO ARE YOU?
Your contributions are noticeable. You bring influence and leadership to colleagues and team members, and you love a challenge. You will make an impact – starting on day one.
Supporting Finance, Treasury and Taxation you will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of the current state of architecture in this area. Your work is varied and includes strategic formation, mentoring a team of smart, capable Solution Architects and running the day-to-day operations.
You have solid work experience architecting and designing mission critical systems for large enterprise environments, including digital transformation of legacy applications. You thrive on solving highly complex business problems, are a rapid learner and know how to keep your team moving forward. You’ve earned the trust of your colleagues over the years because you can be counted on to take on something from start-to-finish. You own the quality of your work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Partnering with broader stakeholders in technology and the business, you will help to define the architectural reality of today, and describe a better future; build a strategy and roadmap that aligns business and IT
- Work with executives from various groups providing architectural recommendations and guidance and executive-level presentations
- Identify and deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue, improve efficiency and leverage automation where possible
- Proactively identify risks or issues with technology solutions and design which may impact a project; provide guidance and support to stakeholders, informing them of impacts and ways to mitigate potential risks/delays to the project
- Define and implement an architecture governance model for all technology initiatives
- Mentor and develop a team of solution architects including structuring the team, holding regular one-on-one meetings, building development plans, providing regular feedback and support
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure that system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Participate in Architecture Review Meetings/Boards to ensure organization and architecture align with the larger business model of the enterprise
- Provide project governance for initiatives, interact and collaborate with team members when appropriate, to define accountabilities, communicate the status of the work item, and discuss barriers to delivery of work
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- You have at least 10-15 years of work experience in IT and business and a BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Proven experience architecting and designing mission critical systems
- Experience managing technical teams of 5-10 people
- Expert level knowledge of computer, network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision
- Prior experience with digital transformation of legacy applications
- Proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of alternatives and their assessment, technology selection and design configuration
NEXT STEPS & WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
Step 1: Apply online through our website or, email your resume or LinkedIn profile to Virginia.email@example.com.
Step 2: We’ll set up a conversation with you via any tool that works best for you: for example, via phone, Skype, or Google Hangout. We want to learn more about you, your work, interests and career goals. We will share more information about this role and answer all of your questions.
Still here? This might be the role for you.