- Field Robotic Technician
- Toronto, ON
- M1R 2T6
The Role: FIELD ROBOTIC TECHNICIAN
Location: Toronto, ON (Scarborough
Industry: Engineering/Oil & Gas
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Are you someone who is looking for adventure and the opportunity to work with an innovative robotic technology? Do you have a background in electronics and love fixing things and solving problems? If yes, then this might be the right role for you.
Our client is a leader in advanced technology inline inspection services for challenging pipelines and has an immediate need to add a Field Robotics Technician to their unique technical services staff. You would be travelling across North America operating the most technologically advanced ILI robot in the world.
You would be working as part of a dynamic team that qualifies, operates and maintains the fleet of inspection robots, as well as controls them to inspect and acquire data from the natural gas pipelines. Extensive training is offered to familiarize chosen candidates with the state-of-the-art robotic system, gas piping, and all components of the operation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Work as a key member of the field operations team to inspect natural gas pipelines by operating our robotic pipeline inspection systems
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting and basic field repairs of robotic system components
- Communicate and coordinate pipeline inspection project activities with clients and project team
- Generate field reports, and other required documentation as needed, to provide the best service to our valued clients
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, accuracy, and integrity of work.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- College diploma or equivalent in a technical discipline such as engineering
- Availability to travel up to 65% of the time within North America;
- A valid Driver’s License and a valid Canadian Passport and ability to legally obtain United States work permits.
- Ability to work non standard days and hours as necessary
- Strong hands-on skills and someone who is mechanically inclined
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and a problem solver who can think outside the box.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows, Internet browsers etc.
Nice to have experience:
- Prior experience in field operations
- Experience with gas pipelines infrastructure
- An interest or background related to robotics or remotely controlled systems
You may be our next Field Robotic Technician - Click and apply.
- Click to Apply