- Project Accounting
- M1R 2T6
- Project Accounting - Finance
Our client is growing and looking for people who have the right stuff to join their Team. Specifically, the Americas regional finance team is growing and centered around identifying individual strengths, constant learning, development of skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment. Employees often find themselves outside their technical comfort zone where they learn new and valuable skills. This position works out of our Toronto office.
Our client is seeking an experienced Project Accounting team member with relevant experience to become a member of the regional finance team. The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail, an aptitude for learning, is self-motivated and thrives in a team environment, and has a solid finance skillset.
This newly created position will report to the Senior Accountant and is responsible for collecting and carefully processing all administrative and financial data for completing projects in the relevant systems so that accurate and timely invoicing to our customers can take place, and job profitability can be determined.
- Creation of projects in Navision (booking rules, start, duration and budget of the project)
- Post resources and surcharges to jobs
- Review hours worked, materials used, work in progress and actual project costs.
- Run POC process (Monthly).
- Liaise with operations as needed to understand project costs or variances.
- Analyze project profitability, identify and report (imminent) under/overruns to the Operation & Project Managers
- Review, explain and know the details of month end Work In Progress (WIP) accounts.
- Assist the Finance department in administering Accounts Receivable (AR) collections, booking purchase invoices, creating, coordinating, and clearing Purchase Orders (POs) with vendors.
- Close projects in system once complete.
- Keep customer profile and AR files up to date.
Invoicing (preparing & handling)
- Enter and check data for international, including intercompany, invoicing.
- Process corrections in the system.
- Send invoices in accordance with the clients Purchase Order (PO).
- Maintain Invoice Tracker file.
- Collect and check service tickets.
- Identify and fill in missing data and review with project leader and sales manager.
- Enter data, perform simple calculations, and make inquiries (internally and externally) in case of ambiguities.
- Archive and periodically clean relevant documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 4 years professional experience with project or general accounting (preferably in service industry).
- Experience in Energy or service industry
- Navision or Business Central experience.
- Full cycle accounting experience.
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada) designation in progress.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting. or Finance.
Proud to offer Employees:
- Competitive wages and a bonus system based on company and personal performance.
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement.
- On-site gym with shower facilities.
- Health & wellness program with broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid time off.