- Linux System Administrator
- Hybrid, Mississauga
Linux Systems Administrator
Hybrid Work from Home and in office (Mississauga)
Our client is leading provider of cutting-edge data driven products and consulting services to some of the world's largest finance, technology, and energy institutions.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, in this newly created senior level role, you will be supporting Datacentres, Cloud and Internal Development environments. This will involve you providing ongoing support and maintenance of 100s of physical boxes and 1000s of virtual machines that underpin our Clients internal and client systems based at the Mississauga office and co-location data centre.
WHAT YOULL DO IN A DAY
- Design, Configure, Support and Maintain Linux and Windows Services to SLA
- Patch Management and remediation of vulnerabilities across the estate
- Develop the processes/procedures as part of a continuous improvement approach to System and Service Delivery
- Work as part of highly skilled technical team reporting to the Head of Technical Services
- Interaction with support teams globally
- Work in an audited (SSAE18) environment using ITIL best practice
- Coordinate with ticket management system for problem reports and resolution.
- Provide occasional on-call support for the Server/Storage Services (1 week in 5 on call rotation)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Minimum 6 years Linux Administration experience Red Hat Enterprise 6/7/8
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 support
- Network support experience (TCP/IP, VPN, firewalls, switches) an advantage
- Experience with virtualization using Citrix Xen, VMware or Hyper-V
- Cloud experience (AWS, Google, Azure and IBM) an advantage
- Scripting Experience (Python, Ruby, Unix Shell scripts)
- Load Balancing Technologies working knowledge
- Experience in Administering EMC VNX SANs
- Familiarity with multi-tier web deployed systems and Capacity Management
- Backup solutions (On Prem and Cloud) a working knowledge of Amanda advantageous
- Proficient in troubleshooting hardware issues (mainly Dell EMC servers and Storage).
- A knowledge of any of the following would be beneficial: Apache Tomcat configuration, kdb+ , Nagios Monitoring , Containerisation Technologies, VPNs , CI/CD tools , Gitlab/SVN and stunnels.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple parties (vendors, hosting provider, client)
- Application support, middleware experience (JBoss, VMware)
- Responsible Individual who will take ownership of the domain, who is prepared to stand over the service offered
- Operations background with solid understanding of process driven` best practice service delivery
- Ability to operate at Customer Contact level and under stringent SLAs
- Excellent communication skills (reading, writing, verbal/phone)
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Service Now, Jira/Jira Service Desk (desired)
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process