- Lead Infrastructure Support Engineer
- Toronto, Hybrid
LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT ENGINEER Permanent full-time Toronto, Ontario Hybrid (WFH, Office & occasional client visits as required)
Our client is a leading Managed Service Provider (MSP) in the healthcare space, providing technical and infrastructure support services to its customers across North America. They are growing fast, and as a result, they have an opening for a talented technical leader to join them as they move to broader goals.
We are looking for someone with technical depth (solid Tier III experience), who also takes a big picture approach and is equally capable of strategic planning and providing technical leadership. You quickly see patterns in complex problems and projects as well as the opportunities and risks involved and can suggest the best solutions for after care. You come up with new ideas and you're great at outlining what needs to be done now and in the future.
You will be managing a team of up to five smart and highly capable individuals. The Infrastructure Team deals with urgent and non-urgent technical incidents that arise, where you will support your team through some of the tougher challenges some of which include Level III escalations from other internal teams, special projects and critical tasks which require deep technical troubleshooting and planning. There will also be the non-urgent, but equally critical, task of working to move the business forward looking for ways to improve how things are done today including reviewing and assessing current tools and processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN A DAY
- As a hands-on leader, you deliver technical services in an SLA-driven environment to support the needs of each customer and your team. This includes designing, supporting, monitoring, and maintaining clients' internal networks and IT infrastructure (Cloud and on-prem)
- Act as a third-line escalation point for the most complex IT issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement, research and prepare plans to address these areas
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all teams (level 1 and 2), providing guidance, mentorship and assistance as needed
- Track, monitor and prioritize customer and incident status; identifying areas of concern and potential growth opportunities
- Regularly bring ideas aimed at company growth and overall service improvement
- Implement best-in-class policies and procedures while developing and improving infrastructure and application performance monitoring and alerting systems
- Lead teams through change while educating technical staff on best practices and the exploration of new and emerging tools and trends
- Contribute to the ever-expanding Knowledge Base on an ongoing basis and prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You are a leader with the ability to get in the weeds but also see the big picture
- You know how to keep people moving forward, sharing and developing ideas, and you can’t help but put your heart into it
- You likely have a university or college degree/diploma in computer networking or IT related field, at least 8-10 years of technical experience
- You have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, a curiosity for how things work, and a desire to see things through, diving into complicated technical problems in real production environments
- Your technical skills include experience with Windows System Admin, Networking, TCP/IP, Firewalls and proxy servers, VPNs, IPSec, security protocols and standards, Cloud Services (Azure, Office 365, AWS)
Note: Due to COVID-19, the role will temporarily be a hybrid of work from home, the office, and client-sites as required
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process.