- Lvl II Support Analyst
- North York, Ontario
Lvl II Support Analyst –
The position includes the maintenance, support, installation, and management of IT needs and day-to-day operations (computer networks, hardware, software, etc.) for external clients.
Tasks involve the configuration, troubleshooting and support of applications, operating systems, workstation and server hardware, networking and printing equipment, and miscellaneous peripheral devices at client locations and remotely. The ideal candidate will maintain knowledge of current and new technologies and their application within these environments.
What you will do in a day
- Install and configure server/workstations – hardware and software (operating systems and applications)
- Troubleshoot systems and network problems, diagnose/resolve/repair hardware and software issues
- Implement, perform and monitor data backup and recovery options
- Assist in special product-related issues as needed
- Accurately and effectively log and maintain incidents in ticketing system
- Provide client support and technical issues resolution onsite/remotely
- Respond to incidents within agreed time limits/service levels targets
- Prioritize and manage multiple open cases (Service Requests, Incidents, Problems) at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with clients and other resolver teams (including internal and external service providers)
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Available to travel to client sites
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years IT experience with similar responsibilities
- A university or college degree/diploma in computer networking or IT related field
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Hyper-V, ESXi, Office 365 Administration, and SharePoint
- Experience with installation, configuration and troubleshooting of routers, firewalls, network switching equipment, modems and wireless networks
- Experience w Antivirus protection provisioning for multiple devices & various backup/restore
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to work with people (clients and internal staff) in a professional manner
- Ability to support customers in a tactful and effective manner.
- Show understanding and relate to customers.
- Self-motivated mindset to drive results
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Open minded, team player, with a willingness to learn and improve
- Role involves carrying equipment (computing, network, other) – must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Valid driver license is required