- Director of Support Operations
- Toronto, ON
Director – Support Operations
Our client is an industry leader in digital analytic, helping companies to confidently make decisions about their online marketing and user experiences.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), as Director, Support Operations you will work autonomously to oversee all finance, HR, IT, Administrative Support and Legal Operations. The systems have been set up and the relationships with supporting firms/agencies are established – you will need to take over the day to day operations and work to improve what already exists.
- Manage Finance Operations, Lead financial planning and analysis, Participate in building financial models and work with the Leadership Team to update the model for current and prospective investors, update the monthly cashflow figures, collaborate with the Leadership and Sales teams to forecast sales
- Negotiate and administer contracts: You will collaborate internally (with Sales, Marketing and other leaders) and externally (with our legal partners) to draft and finalize partnership, channel, and distribution contracts
- Manage business change operations and governance: i.e. new technology
- Manage HR and general administrative support operations: You will run all operational elements of HR including; ensuring payroll is accurately calculated and remitted by third party payroll software, updating employment contracts when necessary, working with leaders/managers to fill recruiting needs by creating job postings, screening candidates, papering contracts, onboarding employees and collaborating with the Leadership Team to constantly update and revise the organization strategy as the company grows
What you’ll need to succeed:
You are an open and engaged team player with the following characteristics and capabilities:
- Results-oriented, highly accountable, and business savvy finance and operations manager with a high sense of urgency
- Self-starter, organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize work
- Strong finance and quantitative analysis skills. You have built detailed financial models (P&L, Cash flow, Sales forecasts, pricing/headcount/cost assumptions, asset expenditures, scenario planning, etc),you love forecasting, and have a keen understanding of the importance of tracking burn rate and runway in an early-stage company
- You are excellent with Excel
- Demonstrated operations experience in a SaaS or other online recurring revenue company and understand how to keep multiple balls in the air while keeping things running smoothly.
- Willing and able to step up to the challenge of wearing multiple hats, switching gears often and being a part of an agile, nimble, all-hands-on-deck team
- Proactively curious about the current state of operations. Creatively improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and procedures
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or business required. MBA or Accounting Certification preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in finance/accounting, HR/people and IT governance management required