- Project Engineer
- Toronto, ON
BE PART OF THE GREEN ENERGY REVOLUTION
Our client is helping inch the world towards one day being powered solely by green energy! They are an Energy Storage Systems integrator of Lithium-ion battery systems.
They’re in the early stages of building their core team and, as a result, have an opening for a talented Project Engineer to join them as they grow and expand their business throughout North America.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you’ll join a leadership team that’s entrepreneurial, committed, and fast moving. The group includes application engineers, power systems engineers and project engineers that sit at the center of business development and the deployment of stationary storage projects on the grid. It’s important that you have a comprehensive understanding of engineering, construction, permitting concepts and rules of conduct.
You will be the go-to person for technical questions and concerns during the sales process, initial project specifications and throughout the entire project lifecycle. Specifically, your role includes several key components:
- Execute projects from design phase through to commissioning, managing all the engineering related activities to ensure projects are successfully completed
- Review single line drawings, communication wiring diagrams, and BESS system layouts
- Identify gaps in scope and responsibility to ensure project success
- Drive innovative solutions with cross functional teams
- Responsible for project ownership and execution, which requires understanding/managing the scope, stakeholders and schedule and keeping all parties in sync.
- Interface with internal customers (project managers, product engineers, sales team) and external customers (utilities, AHJs, contractors, end customers) to ensure consistent communication.
- Application of Electrical/Power Systems knowledge to identify & drive solutions for small to large scale projects. Understanding MV Transformers, Switchgear and protection solutions are required.
YOUR SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BBS in an engineering and 5-10 years of relevant experience as an Electrical/Project Engineer
- Proficient in electrical installations, foundation installation, container installation and other related design topics
- Proficient in the specification, technical bid analyses and procurement of major electrical equipment (switchgear, transformers etc.)
- Skilled in the development of the electrical construction drawing set
- Experienced in construction administration support (RFIs, Design Change Notices, As-built)
- Proficient in relevant standards and electrical studies for utility applications
- Strong knowledge of Controls, Networking, SCADA & CAD skills
- Experience in Renewables, PV, Battery storage, EPC, Generation system design, Microgrids
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel
Still here? This might be the role for you.
Poly Tech Talent is committed to an inclusive, equitable process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of our selection process.