- Financial Controller
- Toronto, ON
- M2M 4J12
Lots of companies say they are changing their industries……these guys actually REALLY ARE!!!!
You are a passionate, experienced Controller with your CPA Designation (in good standing) who thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented environment. You possess strong work ethic and a “no task is too big or too small” mentality.
In this role you will be a part of the Senior Leadership team responsible for contributing to the scalability of the financial function within this company.
What you will do in a day:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Manage daily financial operations (invoicing, banking, AP, AR and general office procurement) and all record keeping
- Complete monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts (Canada & US) and cryptocurrency balances and other account balances
- Prepare monthly financial statements for all subsidiaries with key company’s performance metrics
- Prepare annual budgets and with input from department managers to review on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly forecasting of the P&L and Balance sheet with recommendations for course of action
- Monitor debt levels and monthly cash flow management.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest accounting technology and programs (e.g. QuickBooks Online, Hub Doc, Concur)
- Experience in accounting compliance (IFRS)
- Assess and manage risks, help identify and strengthen existing internal controls and take corrective actions
- Assist in identifying deficiencies and cost control
- Design, implement and monitor key internal control processes
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all relevant financial regulations
- Strong financial and transactional analytical skills to provide insight to the leadership team.
- Prepare and analyze monthly KPI dashboard.
- Confidence in communicating key recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- You will also be advising the founding team on financial matters based on combined analysis of market trends and key performance metrics.
- Responsible for managing relevant tax filings (Corporate taxes).
- Assist with financial and tax audits (CRA and/or external accounting firm).
- Coordinate year-end tax filings with external advisors or accounting firms.
- Coordinate more complex projects and initiatives with the founding team.
What You Bring to The Team
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field, CPA Accredited accounting designation in good standing with a minimum of 5 years hands on prior Controller experience
- Strong self-starter and roll up the sleeves type of attitude
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Loves being a part of a team
- A “Get things done” mentality.
- High level of communication, research, analytical and organizational skills
Would Be Great If You Had
- Cross-border accounting experience
- Experience helping a start-up company scale up
- Quickbooks or similar ERP system experience
The Perks (there are lots of them):
Health & Wellness Benefits – one of the best out there
Excellent Location – directly on the subway line
Flexible work hours – not a morning person? That’s OK, start your date as late as 11AM (work from home policies will be put in place)
Weekly Catered Lunches – every Monday, start your week off right
Professional Development – annual training budget
Compensation – individual and company performance bonuses
Investment Opportunities -
Training and Internal Promotion/Cross-training is encouraged
Quarterly Social Events