- Administrative Assistant
- Toronto, ON
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a health and wellness company in North York. Everything they make from supplements to superfoods to beauty products, is ethical, sustainable, and ecologically conscious. They believe in the power of healthy living, and they want to empower you to live your best life.
Reporting to the EA & Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide general support to the management team which in turn allows them to be more efficient in meeting the company’s goals and objectives. In the role, you will work in a growing, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results and community oriented. The ideal individual will have strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
You will be assisting the office with general administrative duties and work with existing support team to ensure the team is setup to succeed. This is a full time, permanent role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
Administrative Assistant Support
- Book meetings and calendar management (managing meetings)
- Booking and planning travel (reservations and meals)
- Organize travel and make sure all aspects of trips work seamlessly from start to finish
- Support the Office Manager by compiling data; drafting presentations and letters as needed
- Project research and special projects for the Office Manager as required
- Personal assistance support as required
- Prepare reports in Excel (strong Excel knowledge is required)
- Ensure the office has the tools required to function smoothly and maintain staff satisfaction
- Purchase snacks, beverages, meals, office supplies, and other office related items
- Manages the relationship with our IT provider (outsourced) ensuring the needs of the team are met
- Ensure that procedures and vendors ( i.e. cleaners) are in place with a clear mandate to keep our space clean, safe and functional on a daily basis
- Manage and act on service requests from our team in a timely manner
- General light cleaning and organization of the office
Foundation and Charity Administration - They support several charities in East Africa.
- Act as charity coordinator by supporting day to day functions of the foundation and being a point of contact for stakeholders.
- Manage all donations received from donors
- Issue tax receipts
- Ensure all of our administrative paperwork and procedure are in compliance with CRA regulations
- Ensure our charity partners are in compliance and that they provide the necessary paperwork to us
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Post secondary education with minimum 2 years of experience supporting teams and senior level executives.
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin. This role will be supporting business relationships in China,
- Strong problem-solving skills - enjoy digging in and conquering a variety of new asks
- Extremely detail oriented -- you like to get it right the first time!
- Quick learner and always thinking two steps ahead
- Technically savvy (able to quickly learn a number of internal messaging and project management systems) and proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Foundation and charity administration support would be an asset including managing donations, issuing tax receipts, other administrative tasks as required
This company offers free daily breakfasts, healthy snacks, monthly team lunches, free parking or metro pass, monthly team lunches and 4 weeks vacation!
We thank all candidates who apply for this role but only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you do require any sort of accommodation during the recruitment process for this role, please contact us directly at info@polyte