- DTS - Toronto
- Toronto, ON
- M5E 1E6
- Contract to Perm
Wanted: Desktop Support Analyst – Media Industry
Type: Contract to Permanent
The Role: The Desktop Support Technician will respond to and resolve end user request for assistance and provide user support over the phone and at the deskside. Support for MAC iOS and Windows: PC’s, laptops, handheld tablets and mobile devices, printers, scanners, telephones
• Provide first/second level hardware support
• Management and administration of VoIP telephony and voicemail systems, including creations, modifications, and general monitoring of system health
• Management and administration of hardware inventory and loaner pool (pc’s, laptops, mobile devices, and misc. hardware).
• Administration and changes of all corporate mobile devices
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge in setting up and troubleshooting hardware issues including PC’s, laptops, mobile devices, and printers (Windows and MAC)
• Execution of MAC procedures (Moves, Adds, Changes)
• Maintains quality service by establishing, formalizing and enforcing IT system standards.
• Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains professional integrity by continuously improving and updating technical and functional knowledge. Includes attending seminars and workshops, reviewing publications and actively soliciting feedback.
• Contributes to team effort by performing related responsibilities and maintaining effective communication channels.
• Flexibility to work “off business hours”, evenings and weekends as required.
• 3-5 years of previous experience in a servicedesk/desktop support position
• Extensive experience supporting both MAC iOS and Windows
• Expertise is supporting handheld devices and tablets
• Proficient in supporting a variety of desktop applications and connectivity issues for remote workforce
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology, or comparable experience.
• ITIL, MCSE, MCSA, A+, Net+ certifications an asset.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a first/second tier client facing support capacity.
• Professional environment experience is preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to plan ahead and multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Must be a team player with strong work ethic.