- IT Systems Administrator
- Toronto, ON
The Role: IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Location: Toronto, ON (uptown)
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an 18-year-old SaaS developer and recognized leader of encryption solutions for a range of markets - think Public Sector, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Legal. Encryption software is a fiercely competitive marketplace and they are currently looking to expand their team by adding an innovative Systems Administrator to assist in the management of their software, hardware and network environments. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. In addition, you will install and configure both operating systems and applications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Setup, manage, and maintain IT-related equipment.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of their products.
- Support end-users with IT-related issues.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and resolve password issues.
- Prioritize and manage open support cases at one time.
- Establish a good rapport with end-users and other team members.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization with regards to IT technology and process.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Post-secondary education in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Must be a fast learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multi-task between different activities and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill with an entrepreneurial spirit
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Windows and Linux Operating System
- Office 365
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Exchange 2013/2016
- Network and Firewall
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Database: SQL, MYSQL, Oracle
- VMWare, ESXi
- Cisco, DLink Switches
- Ceritos OS
- ART, Jira, GIT
- Postfix, IMAP, POP3
- Apache, WordPress, PHP
- Microsoft Azure
We thank all candidates who apply for this role but only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you do require any sort of accommodation during the recruitment process for this role, please contact us directly.