- Solution Architect (Pre-Sales)
- Richmond HIll, ON
- L4B 3G2
The Role: SOLUTION ARCHITECT (PRE-SALES)
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a Solution Architect (Pre-sales), you will provide technical solution development expertise as part of the Infrastructure Solutions Sales process and will provide consulting services and opportunity development and delivery as part of the Professional Services practice.
The position will report to the EVP, Sales and Solution Architect Team Lead and work with them to identify and develop the technologies and messaging/marketing required to achieve comprehensive solution offerings for the organization and its customers.
The role will involve working with the broader Sales team on the development and positioning of Infrastructure Solutions and Technology Consulting engagements for customers, focusing on delivering solutions that provide the customer with true business value. You will develop business-focused IT infrastructure solutions for existing and potential customers based on skills and technologies including the following:
- Cisco Data Centre Technologies
- VMWare/Hyper-V Technologies
- Storage Technologies
- Cisco Networking Technologies
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Develop and deliver proposals for Technology Consulting engagements focused on (but not limited to) Compliance and Enterprise Architecture.
- Act as solution lead on Technology Consulting engagements.
- Develop and deliver solution proposals and RFP/RFI responses to existing clients and prospective clients in coordination with business development managers.
- Develop and deliver technical presentations, strategy sessions and executive briefings to existing clients and prospective clients in coordination with business development managers.
- Obtain and maintain required vendor certifications
- Develop and present ideas for new solution offerings including, but not limited to, technical capabilities, marketing concepts, utility-like services and consulting approaches
- Work with Professional Services team to develop and implement technology demos within our lab
- Work with the Professional Services team to design and develop proof-of-concept projects for customers on specific Infrastructure Solutions for furthering sales and customer acceptance of these technology and business solutions as well as prepare for new technologies appearing in the marketplace.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all Infrastructure Solutions technologies, with an emphasis on our Tier 1 partners (Cisco, VMWare, Veeam)
- Select a specific “specialization” technology in which in depth knowledge will be maintained.
- Provide semi-annual technology briefings to the Sales, Solution Architecture, Engineering and Technical Consulting team on new developments in the selected specialization technology.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5+ years of related industry experience including VM Ware or MS Hyper experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on data centre experience
- CISCO CCIE Certification, Data Centre is required and any other CISCO certifications would be a nice to have.
- In-depth, multi-vendor understanding of enterprise system and storage technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make one on one and group presentations
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Has preferably previously occupied a variety of technical, sales, and project management roles
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Excellent communications skills and the ability/affinity for communicating with customers/senior internal management in both formal and informal situations as required