- Engineering Manager
- Scarborough, ON
- M4P 2A3
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This opportunity is with a world leader in applied R&D and innovative engineering and they are particularly known for providing unique and simple solutions to the engineering challenges of our clients. Robotics, non-destructive evaluation of pipelines, and associated equipment are our core disciplines – teams of electrical, mechanical, software and physics engineers and technicians allow us to perform full cycle research and design in-house.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager with 7+ years relevant experience to become a member of our dynamic Unique Ability Team. The ideal candidate has a solid foundation in engineering fundamentals, a keen interest in planning, resource and time management, people management experience, has a creative mindset and takes a logical and analytical approach to problem solving.
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN A DAY:
- Lead the Engineering Function, manage all day to day activities and ensure engineering targets are met
- Develop and evaluate internal and external project proposal for development projects
- Provide technical support to other functions including Production, Operation, and Maintenance functions.
- Responsible for the development of products, and processes utilizing state of the art methods and techniques
- Lead regular update meetings with the management group and liaise with other teams as needed
- Utilize systems of documentation, best practice, change management, and sound engineering methods to ensure consistent and high-quality output
- Establish, renew and improve engineering team procedures and standards
- Continually increase the technical capability of the group and provide a challenging work environment where each team member can grow and improve their skills
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- University degree or College Diploma in Engineering or Management or other related subject area plus 7+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience to managing and leading a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience with reports and documentation
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, cross-disciplinary team-based environment
- Effective time management and ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with robotics, in NDT (nondestructive testing) of pipelines or early prototyping would be an asset.
You may be the next Engineering Manager. Click and apply.
We thank everyone who applies for this role but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please contact us directly.